29 March 2020
Today we have worship led by our own Boldizsar and Patricia, a talk by Simon Ramsbotham with the Bible readings he references and some prayer points from BUGB.
We’ve also added a familiar KidZone worship song and a Giving link if you’d like to make an online offering.
If you have a prayer need, do please complete the Prayer Request form at the bottom to send an email to the Prayer Requests team.
While I Wait
Deep within my heart, I know You’ve won
I know You’ve overcome
And even in the dark, when I’m undone
I still believe it
I live by faith, and not by sight
Sometimes miracles take time
While I wait, I will worship
Lord, I’ll worship Your name
While I wait, I will trust You
Lord, I’ll trust You all the same
When I fall apart, You are my strength
Help me not forget
Seeing every scar, You make me whole
You’re my healer
You’re faithful every day
Your promises remain
You’re faithful every day
Your promises remain
Though I don’t understand it
I will worship with my pain
You are God, You are worthy
You are with me all the way
Songwriters: Lincoln Brewster / Mitch Wong
While I Wait lyrics © Integrity’s Praise Music,
Still (Hide me now)
Cover me within Your mighty hand.
When the oceans rise and thunders roar,
I will soar with You above the storm.
Father, You are King over the flood;
I will be still and know You are God.
Find rest, my soul, in Christ alone.
Know His power in quietness and trust.
Your joy oh Lord
will be my strength
we stand in your glorious grace.
I see the King of glory
Coming on the clouds with fire;
The whole earth shakes,
The whole earth shakes.
I see His love and mercy
Washing over all our sin;
The people sing,
The people sing:
Hosanna in the highest.
I see a generation
Rising up to take their place,
With selfless faith,
With selfless faith.
I see a near revival
Stirring as we pray and seek;
We’re on our knees,
We’re on our knees.
Heal my heart and make it clean;
Open up my eyes to the things unseen.
Show me how to love
Like You have loved me,
Break my heart for what breaks Yours;
Everything I am for Your kingdom’s cause,
As I walk from earth into eternity.
- But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Saviour from there, the Lord Jesus Christ,
- who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.
Colossians & Matthew
Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
However, as it is written: ‘What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived’ – the things God has prepared for those who love him
1 Corinthians 3:2
I gave you milk, not solid food, for you were not yet ready for it. Indeed, you are still not ready.
1 Corinthians 15:50 - 57
- I declare to you, brothers and sisters, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.
- Listen, I tell you a mystery: we will not all sleep, but we will all be changed –
- in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.
- For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality.
- When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: ‘Death has been swallowed up in victory.’
- ‘Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?’
- The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law.
- But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
1 Peter 2:11-12
- Dear friends, I urge you, as foreigners and exiles, to abstain from sinful desires, which wage war against your soul.
- Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us.
We pray for the medical staff on the frontline of care, we pray that they will be sustained physically, emotionally and spiritually in the coming weeks.
Pray for medics in our own congregations.
We pray that God will be their shield and their strength.
We pray for wisdom and insight as to how to support those in our congregations and communities involved in frontline care.
Pray for our world leaders and for the leaders in our own country that they will seek the wisdom of God as they make decisions over the coming days.
Pray for physical strength for our leaders
We pray for all those leading the scientific response to COVID-19 across the world.
Pray for the scientists from across the globe as they look for ways to alleviate symptoms and as they seek a vaccine for the future.
Use this form to send us your prayer requests, or email us directly on: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can make an online offering by clicking here